I bought a car yesterday
6/13/2008 05:29:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
Nope, it's not a hybrid.

Nope it's not the Chevy Volt I wanted.

I bought this beauty for what I think is a good price. A good solid reliable car.



She's (aren't all cars shes? Oh wait, maybe that's just ships) a 2007 Toyota Corolla. 24K miles. Rated at 27/35 mpg. But I figure the way I've been squeaking mileage out of the Forester, I can get 40+ out of her.

The Subaru will be retained for shorter trips to the park and ride, and snowy winter days. That car has treated us really well, but you know that it's time for a new car when you can't trust Bessie to get you from point A to B on a vacation trip. Plus we will save $85+ bucks a month in gas.

We are happy with the decision. Not ecstatic, but with the economy the way it is these days, I think that practical is the way to go.

If you were wondering, the Honda Civic Hybrid was $23.5K, the Prius $24k+, with a 4 month waiting period. No test drive available. (Man, that's faith - to buy a car without test driving it!)
|
This entry was posted on 6/13/2008 05:29:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 6:26 PM , Katie said...

I loved my Corolla and I miss it. I drove all city and would usually get 26mpg, on a long trip one time I got over 40. Congrats on the good buy!