Earth Day Wrap-up
4/23/2008 08:45:00 AM | Author: baloghblog

I guess I am supposed to spout the obligatory quote that “every day is Earth Day” in my household. But for those who are interested, here’s what we did in the Balogh household yesterday:

  • Filled up the compost bin with the grass and leaves from the spring clean-up. (This year they’re shredded, so I expect a quicker composting period.)
  • Experimented (and succeeded) in making homemade organic hot oatmeal. Not too hard actually. I guess that I can stop buying the pre-packaged stuff now.
  • Walked from campus instead of taking the bus.
  • Gazed admiringly at my asparagus rising tall in my garden. (Does this count? Maybe under meditation…)
  • Attended Earth Day festivities on campus.
  • Spent time with my parents. Planted the first of my family veggie garden with my dad - peas, beans, kale, luffa (what the heck, why not!)
  • Tried to solve Costa Rica’s food security challenges with a urban agriculture program a la Cuba (Term paper #1)
  • Tried to find solutions to China’s sky rocketing demand for automobiles, and oil by exploring a car-sharing program (Term paper #2)
  • Brought my wife some flowers out of the garden.

Not that impressive of a list, but I plan on expanding it this weekend with a group clean up of trash in our neighborhood with my friends, and hitting the farmer’s market this Saturday.

|
This entry was posted on 4/23/2008 08:45:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: