Blog Roll Updated
4/07/2007 07:23:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
It's always a sad day when you have to delete people from your blog roll. There are so many blogs that I have enjoyed reading over the past 2 years. Yes I know, people come and go, but unsubscribing from bloglines is like raiding the closet and having to throw out your favorite old sweaters and shirts - even though you don't even wear them anymore.

Blogging is tough sometimes. There are so many things to do in a day, finding something interesting to comment on is not always at the top of the list. I've been guilty of abandoning baloghblog for weeks at a time. I am sure that there will come a day that I will have to give it up all together.

That still doesn't make me feel better about permanently deleting a link to a writer that I kept up with. Like saying goodbye to someone that you've met at a conference, or on the opposite side of the country or globe, knowing you'll never see them again.

Weird, huh? This sentimentality. However, I can't imagine what I'd do if some of my favorite bloggers permanently threw in the towel. Aaron? Ianqui? Sharon? NYCO? Liz? Atrios? The first-draft gang? Some day I suppose it will happen.

Jeff, has been torn away from his personal blog to "greener" pastures. It's a shame, but I don't blame him in a way. If I could get paid full time for this type of gig, I would find myself in the same situation. Pat was a great writer that hung up his laptop. Liz seems to be working her magic more in the real life than the digital one (hmmm... there could be something said for that.)

There are new writers out there that I seem to find each day. Many are very talented and I hope that they keep up the writing. This blogroll purge needs to stay a once a year (or two?) event...
|
This entry was posted on 4/07/2007 07:23:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 10:56 PM , Megan said...

Interestingly, I did the same thing today. I was around 140 blogs and took it down to 107...a hard thing to do, but as I am simplifying my life, I need to simplify my google reader as well, which means less time spent on the computer and more doing something else productive.

I also am trying to rid my life of being bombarded with advertisements or consumption drives - I quit watching tv (no commercials), quit buying fashion magazines (all about buying to improve your looks), and now I signed off on several blogs that focused on "stuff."

Because even though they may be 'design' or "decorating" blogs - when I see that new chair - I will look around at the hand-me-down chair I'm sitting in and wish I had more.

So hopefully by slimming down my blog roll, I can start clearing my mind even more of dissatisfaction, and just learn to be contempt with what I have.

Did that make any sense? :)

 
On 6:36 PM , RomeHater said...

Good news! Your blogroll changes have put your sidebar on the SIDE of my browser again, rather than at the end.