The Day I Stopped Eating BigAg Peanut Butter
2/15/2007 12:49:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
Is today.

While stopping home for some lunch and perusing a few of my favorite blogs. I came across this story, via Huffington Post. I thought (as I chowed down another peanut butter and cracker) "hmmm... that looks like peanut butter I'm eating."

"I wonder if it has the same code as in the article?"

Sure enough:



Mind you, this is a 3/4 empty jar of peanut butter containing the dreaded "2111" code. Ewww. What the hell have I eaten? And what the hell were those peanuts (or machines) coated with to give me the risk of getting Salmonella?

Bulk organic peanut butter, here I come.

Bye bye Peter Pan and Skippy.
|
This entry was posted on 2/15/2007 12:49:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 11:07 PM , peaknik said...

LOL. I found a jar of the #2111 in my storage pantry, too. Sure gives you the willies doesn't it? Especially you, since you were sitting there eating some! Ack! I like peanut butter & crackers, too. I don't know if I can afford to store umteen jars of organic peanut butter!