Preparation for the Future (MORE Thoughts For 30-somethings )
6/08/2006 08:17:00 AM | Author: baloghblog

Updated article now posted at Groovy Green.

It is very interesting to look back at my writing, to see how I originally tried to digest the idea of peak oil. To look at my first grasping of sustainable living, and self-sufficiency.

So what have I learned over the past year? What tidbits of information can I pass on to others who may be struggling with many of these same issues?

I continue to operate in my daily life with the notion that peak oil is 5 years away. Why 5 years? It's a semi-round number - far enough off to limit despair and make me want to give up, yet close enough to keep me motivated. Who knows for certain when the actual peak will be upon us, but whether it is 5 years, 10 years or a generation away (unlikely), my efforts over the past year have been well worth it...
|
This entry was posted on 6/08/2006 08:17:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: