Time Flies When You're Having Fun - baloghblog 1 Year Later
2/21/2006 09:08:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
Hard to believe that it has been 1 year since I started blogging. First post was on Feb 17th 2005, and consisted of:
Welcome to my blog! Hope this will be the first of many posts to come...
Well, this is #327 - just under a post a day for a year... I hit 10,000 visits in September, and just recently realized that I went over 20,000 five months after that.

Since I am celebrating the 1 year anniversary of my blog today, it is fitting that I have received the largest single day number of visits to by blog, thanks wholly to a link from Life After the Oil Crash by Matt Savinar. As of now the daily count is 443 456 and counting. Big numbers for a "little ol' blog" like mine.

Like I have said before, it is rewarding to me just to have people stop by and read what I have to say. My wife still can't really believe that people actually keep coming back for more, and thought that I would grow out of this months ago (heh heh)...

Well I'll stop rambling on this meta post. If you are looking for some good reads, try the permanent posts box on the right. More recent posts over at Groovy Green as well.

Comments are still open, and as always I accept anonymous readers' thoughts too.

If you're new, stop back again soon. If you're not, thanks again for stopping by!

UPDATE: As of now, Wednesday afternoon, 2,000 people have come over from LATIC to read my essays that he linked too. Damn, I am appreciative, and amazed. First of all, at the exposure that peak oil is getting, and secondly at the number of people reading my essays. I normally see 300-400 people per week. The past 24 hours has seen four times that total. Come back and see this blog again some time.
|
This entry was posted on 2/21/2006 09:08:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 7:43 AM , thisbiochemicallife said...

baloghblog,
Congrats on one year and the terrific job you've done raising awareness of natural resource usage. Before reading your blog I had no knowledge of the Peak Oil phenomenon and was doing nothing to help the situation or prepare for it. I always enjoy reading!

 
On 6:07 PM , Engineer-Poet said...

I write essays like mad, and I can't even seem to break 500 hits per day.  I'm jealous. ;-)