going to sneak preview of Syriana tonight
12/06/2005 05:21:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
Got passes from a local business for a sneak preview tonight. (hasn't been released yet in central New York) Will post a short review.

UPDATE: go see this movie. It is complicated, and "dense" (as Lynn Samuels put it), but worth the watch. It wasn't everything that I wanted it to be. But was subtlely brilliant, and was a strong character driven movie with good acting. The trailer is a little misleading, I don't want to be a spoiler, so go see it and then in a few weeks we can digest it.
|
This entry was posted on 12/06/2005 05:21:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On 5:59 PM , AZ said...

I just heard a conversation with ex-CIA agent Robert Baer, the inspiration for 'Syriana', on NPR this evening:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5041385
(Warning! I think there were minor spoilers in this discussion.)

Anyway the screen-writer Stephen Gaghan ('Traffic'), toured the Middle East with Baer for a few months; there appears to be a real authenticity to this movie. Sounds mind-blowing.

 
On 9:43 PM , Ianqui said...

Good luck with the review. I saw it a week ago, but never had it in me to write a review for TOD. It was so complicated, I don't think a review could do it justice. And actually, I think I would have needed to see it again.

 
On 9:49 PM , baloghblog said...

sheesh, I know what you mean. It was a deep movie that is for sure, and the substantial thoughts were presented in such a subtle way. Don't know if I will really be able to sum up how I left the theater feeling. I'll sleep on it.

 
On 6:23 PM , Liz Logan said...

The Post Carbon Institute is doing a campaign to increase awareness about Peak Oil in conjunction with the film.

I can't wait to see it!