To all you rich readers of my blog...
11/17/2005 10:59:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
I have sad news, my digital camera is doing nothing but saying E18. Which I imagined correctly, was not good. It means that my lens mechanism is damaged, and to repair it, I would have to send it halfway across the country and pay to have someone tell me what is wrong with it. Given the camera's repair cost to the replacement cost, about 1/2. I have decided that I will have to suck it up and get a new camera. While saving for it, I will be unable to post beautiful pictures of window trim and insulation and the like... I know that that breaks all of your hearts.

Just in case there is a fantastically rich reader of my blog, that can't live a few weeks without my photo posts, I am putting up my amazon wish list on the side. Don't worry I am not getting too big of a head that I think that I can start soliciting donations... but hey you never know, maybe it is Bill G. that has that ISP in Medina, WA...
|
This entry was posted on 11/17/2005 10:59:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On 11:48 PM , LuceLu said...

I totally love that camera on your wish list. I bought one last January and it is fantastic. It is small and easy to carry around, fits in a pocket. You must purchase the largest card you can afford to go with it. You won't regret that purchase.

 
On 7:46 AM , baloghblog said...

I know I have the Elph S200 (with a 1 GB card), which gives me "endless" photos. It is a shame, I will miss this little camera, which took me through Europe and accompanied me to many a party... You have to love a camera that is the size of a pack of cigarettes and fits readily in your pocket that still takes great pics.

 
On 4:14 PM , UNplanner said...

I can commiserate with you. My digital camera bit the big one recently too. Fortunately mine did it just before the warrenty ran out so I just have to wait the several weeks for them to fix it or replace it.

 
On 9:37 AM , Roger, Gone Green said...

Although you will likely find a "lesser" camera, it will make insulation pictures possible: Check www.freecycle.org. Folks who no longer want things give them away; people that were going to consume new stuff post their "WANTEDs" in case someone has a workable one hangin' around.

There are thousands of local groups, but go to the main web page to find yours . . . and yes, its free!