Calling all blog nerds out there - invent something for me:
8/04/2005 10:10:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
I have a good idea for a blog tool, but have neither the time nor experience to program it. I would love to have a blogging tool that allows you to tag and track comments that you make on other people's blogs.

I am just getting the hang of the RSS thing, but think that it would be great to have a way to check back in to comment threads that you've made a comment on to see what the replies are.

I am exhausted, so I am sure there is a much more succinct way of describing what I am talking about. But, if you have any idea how to go about such a thing let me know. Who knows, maybe someone already invented it.
|
This entry was posted on 8/04/2005 10:10:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On 9:44 AM , Big Gav said...

I doubt there is an easy way to do this (a custom built app would be possible but it would take a bit of work).

The simplest / quickest thing to do is creating a "comments" blog then using trackback to "post" your comments to other blogs (assuming they support trackback, which most do, although a lot of Blogger blogs don't)...

 
On 4:32 PM , baloghblog said...

darn, I thought that it might be complicated. Seems like something that would have an audience though...

 
On 5:34 PM , RomeHater said...

If someone could explain how trackbacks work I might try adding them to my blog.

 
On 5:30 PM , Martin said...

Trackback is a way to let you know someone has linked to a post on your blog.

 
On 10:08 PM , peaknik said...

I have the trackback thingy but I think it came with Haloscan when I installed it. I never use it because I didn't know what it was used for. Thanks for informing me, Martin!

Heck, I can't even figure out the RSS feed. To me, it just looks like my template for my blog! I have no idea of what use it is.

It's a PIA to try and figure out these things for yourself but once you figure them out, it's alot of fun!

I see Flying Talking Donkey changed his website template again! I can't keep up with him!

 
On 10:32 AM , Big Gav said...

Haloscan is the easy way to add trackback facilities to your blog if you use Blogger, and to send trackback "pings" to other blogs that refer them back to your post that mentions them, via the Haloscan web site 9there is a page to send a "ping" from).

Peaknik - try using something like "My Yahoo" as a blog reader - that uses RSS. Blogger creates an RSS feed for you automatically if you ask it to vai your preferences - that enables other people to then read / see your posts in their RSS reader.