I made the Post-Standard newspaper
7/18/2005 11:00:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
UPDATED:

One of my friends alerted me to the fact that my essay Why Syracuse, New York is the right place to weather the coming oil shortage made it into the Post-Standard as a blurb in the July 12th paper.

I don't have a copy of it. Nor can I link to it, other than to confirm that the article is in the archives. Maybe someone kept a copy of it and I can post it.

Article 1 of 1, Article ID: 0507120080
Published on July 12, 2005, Post-Standard, The (Syracuse, NY)

NEW YORK ON THE WEB

Could "lowly Syracuse" turn out to be one of the top cities in the nation to weather "the coming oil shortages?" Local blogger Steve Balogh thinks it could. It's all got to do with Robert Congel, nuclear plants, ethanol, bad weather and ready access to beer and wine. Check out his reasoning at www.geocities.com/stephenbalogh2000/pictures/Could - lowly -
Not a big deal for some, but for me it makes me happy that someone at the paper noticed my blog and is spreading the word. Better not quit my day job yet...
|
This entry was posted on 7/18/2005 11:00:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 12:21 PM , Liz Logan said...

How cool is that! Congratulations!

 
On 2:12 PM , peaknik said...

That is so neat! Congrats!

 
On 5:57 PM , Jeff McIntire-Strasburg said...

Very cool, Steve. Congratulations!