Next project
6/01/2005 07:13:00 AM | Author: baloghblog
I think that Professor Goose puts my feelings into words perfectly:
So, it seems to me that, if anything, this should awaken this generation of the peak oil community to the fact that now, we have to start thinking about the inevitable next phase: policymaking and political involvement.
So, I am now entering that next phase, myself. After posting what I thought we could do individually, I will now be turning my thoughts what we can do collectively, and will post my essay on that when complete. I know that this starts to cross into political territory, and I will (for once) attempt to tread lightly. This problem is bigger than party lines, and will require both political parties to stop bickering. Not only the bickering between the pols we see on tv, but in our circles of friends and neighbors as well.

Another thing that I am sure at this point that I will be focusing on is the local local local level. This is not to say, however, that the state and national level should be ignored.

Find your local goverment offices here.

Thoughts or ideas that you have on the issue, or that you want to be sure I include can be posted on the comments section, or can be emailed to baloghblog{at}yahoo{dot}com <-- to thwart off spammers.

Thanks, and I will post again soon.

Update: I guess that The Oil Drum affected others as well, as sustainablog hit upon the same topic.
|
This entry was posted on 6/01/2005 07:13:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 4:55 PM , Ianqui said...

Hey, if you can come up with a way for me to effect change in New York Effing City, by all means, let me know. I've been mulling it over for months now and haven't come up with an answer.