An idea that I forgot to mention...
6/07/2005 09:21:00 PM | Author: baloghblog
Romehater reminded me on something important that I wanted to mention.

I don't think that what I am talking about is a liberal idea. I think that this is an American idea. To be self-sufficient, and not to be dependent on foreign nations is patriotic. So when I post about sustainability, I am not posting as a liberal (although I am), I am posting as an american.

The Government, (Bush, Kerry, libs, neo-cons, the whole lot of them) missed the boat after 9-11. During WWII people sacrificed. They gave things up for the good of the nation and for the soldiers fighting for us. Don't give me the BS about it being Bush's fault. I didn't hear Kerry saying much about ending our foreign dependence on oil during the presidential race. If he did? He certainly didn't say it loud enough.

People want to support our troops. They want to see them come home. They want peace and protection. Conservation and sustainability will help ease our dependence on foreign oil. F--- putting a yellow ribbon on your Suburban. That isn't patriotic. Start making smart choices about how you use energy, and about what you can do to help support our nation.


via majikthise via ianqui Posted by Hello
|
This entry was posted on 6/07/2005 09:21:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 8:11 AM , Jeff McIntire-Strasburg said...

Amen! I am as liberal as they come (though not "big-government" liberal), and I was very disappointed that Kerry didn't make more of environmental issues, especially considering that it's an area in which he's very strong...

 
On 10:52 AM , RomeHater said...

I don't even think Gore talked about the environmnet much when he ran for president in 2000. And he wrote a whole book on the subject.